Tuesday 27 September 2011

There's a gecko in my printer

I went to the library today to pick up some photocopies.  Another person was running a print job when a gecko, sans tail and with a desperate look in his dimunitive eye, dashed across the table.  He looked funny, not so much because of the missing tail, which many lizards can lose and then regrow,  but because he was covered in black splotches. 

"Oh," said my head of department, Mr Mai, "he must have run out of the printer."   I was quite taken aback by the notion of reptiles taking up their abode in office equipment, but this did not bother the native Mr. Mai, who started collecting his copies.  I then observed aloud that the printer was smoking.  This likewise did nothing to phase Mr. Mai, who merely commented on the fine quality of the print job.

I beat it out of there, not wanting to be present should the thing burst into flame and disgorge a whole family of printer-dwelling lizards.

No comments:

Post a Comment