Saturday 7 January 2012

something a little different

 Hey everybody,  just got back from vacation, so I'm taking the opportunity to offer you all something a little different.

I'm trying to figure out what is with those billboard/curtains that movie stars are always posing in front of.  Ever noticed them? Every movie star spends all this time posing in front of these partitions with the logos of different entertainment companies, magazines, events, and so forth.  Here is my short list of questions.
1) Why don't actors just take a lead from Nascar and wear the logos of their sponsors?  Mariah Carey wearing a dress plastered with mag titles Vogue and Cosmo,  or Taylor Lautner sporting a jersey with the Lionsgate logo.  Then we would not have to spend so much time erecting these temporary walls.
Or if we wanted to leave them up,  2) Why not have the actors still wear the clothing above - as camoflouge?  It would help them hide from the paparazzi. 
3)  Is the reason we have to put up names and logos on the wall so that stars don't confuse them with real walls?  I mean, we wouldn't want Scarlet Johanssen posing and smiling all down her hallway just because she got confused,  "Wait a second, why am standing here if no one is taking my picture and I just wanted to go the linen closet?"
4) Are these things cue cards gone to the extreme? 
Reporter:  Are you excited to be here?
Star:  Oh yeah, Every year I'm pumped to be at the uh.. um...(glance over shoulder ) Grammies!  Yeah, I'm totally stoked to be at the Grammies.

No comments:

Post a Comment