Wednesday 31 August 2011

Day 13 First Full Day of Teaching

Wow!  I'm surprised I'm still alive!  I have over 100 names to learn and I'm already grading homework!  I admit that I was (and still am) somewhat nervous about everything.  Since these are high school kids, structured discipline from day one is essential, but each new teacher is also just trying to handle lesson plans, grade books, the material, and being on the other side of the desk, so to speak.  Landing on your feet is quite a trick.  The time goes fast though: a twenty minute speech used to be a big challenge, now I'm presenting (if not speaking) for 50 to 90 minutes.  Many of the kids are clearly going to be a joy to have in class.  They have already started to make fun at my bald head!


I will keep you all updated.  Love and miss you all so very much! Please keep me in your prayers

Jonathan

P.S.  My camera broke so pictures will be a while in coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment